"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My emotional universe has aligned itself

The Prozac has taken me from beyond devastation to emotional harmony. With this comes a extreme personality change.  I used to be some what quiet, reserved and not very talkative.  If I didn't know you, I would either be friendly or not, depending on what I chose to do.  I avoided social situations and any time it was thrust upon me, a overwhelming uncomfortableness would over come me.  I was fairly patient and non confrontational.  I very rarely got mad, but when I did...I would unleash it with a fury on not those, who were deserving of it, but rather on unsuspecting strangers.  Before living meant just existing, living each day with no purpose.

Now that I am hormonally balanced,  I have a much calmer inner being, where my calmness goes to my core. This brings with it true inner contentment.  I think when one is truly content and all is good, it oozes out of your core into every pore.  I am  now out going, unconditionally friendly, a genuinely nice person and talkative (way too much).  Being friendly does not take effort like before.  I am comfortable in social situations. If a friend suggests making plans...I am there, where as before I would do anything to avoid it. I now have a passion for living and I am getting  in touch with my authentic self.

I would say my personality has made a 360 degree change.  It is a challenge for my children as they have never seen this side of me.  It adjustment for them, but not for me.  For me it is a passion and it fits like a glove; as I am truly happy and no longer lost inside of myself.

No comments: