"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Vintage memories

When I was growing up, I had a grandmother, who loved to cook; sadly I was a child who rarely ate, what she cooked. What a loss for me, as she died in 1969. Her matzo ball soup and desserts are only distant memories, as her recipes have vanished. Hopefully someday, I will be able to find close replicas, that will evoke deja vu memories.

Matzo Ball Soup

Mandle Bread


Sponge Cake

2 comments:

Denise said...

Great pictures! It all looks yummy to me. I wonder if your grandma used the beaks of the chicken in her soup. A lot of people do and that's what gives a really good soup that yellow color. :)

Unknown said...

I have heard that the feet have a lot of flavor. I dont know if she used them.