"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Monday, October 8, 2007

Ever since I found the lump, I have not had, a lot of rested sleep. To hear the Dr. say that the lump was a inflammation, most likely a result of the port a cath site, was such a relief. I literally could feel the stress, leave my body. I went home and after a celebratory breakfast with my daughter, I then slept for hours.

I am not out of the woods yet, as the mammogram showed a 1 cm size, lump on the same breast. It could not be biopsied the first time, as they could not find it on the ultrasound. I now must wait, for a appt. for another biopsy, done through a mammogram. Even though this lump holds moderate suspicion, I am okay. My optimistic self is back, and I know that wherever this will go; I will be able to handle it.

No comments: