"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Thursday, October 18, 2007

My journey to simple living

Its day three of my six days off. I decided to start cleaning, in a different direction; the bedrooms first. Totally overwhelming at first. We took everything out of the closet and cleaned the walls, in there. You would think, that when they paint closets and shelves they would use gloss paint instead of flat. Then everything would just wipe off.

Two bags of trash and two more bags, to send to the thrift shop. As much as I would love for my daughter have a garage sale; it just isn't going to happen. Too much stuff, that I don't want, to sit around anymore than it needs to. I am thinking tomorrow, a quick run to drop off all that is ready.

I did find two books, that I will not be giving away. One is a prayer book, which my father received, as a gift on his Bar Mitzvah day. Its a mere 65 years old. The other is The Five Books Of Moses, which from its condition, must be that old or even older. Bindings on both are sorely in need of repair. I had forgotten that I had them.

No comments: