"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Life as you know it can change in a heartbeat

In a minuscule second, a strangers life can intertwine with yours; and both your lives can be drastically altered. There are times in ones life, that all seems surreal, today was one of them. They are finishing the biopsy. The Dr. asks me when I had the surgery for cancer, did they do a transfusion. The first thought is, they cant stop the bleeding, due to the incision. Then I hear him say, when he pulled the needle out, he cut himself. For a minute, all understanding of the english language; abruptly stopped, for me. No more lost dignity, of having my breast down a hole, while being pulled, pinched, squished and yanked in every direction; as for a moment in time, I lost any memory of even having the biopsy.

As I walked out of the ER, after having my blood drawn; the Dr. was waiting to have his drawn. We glanced at each other as I left. I knowing full well, that our lives may never be the same.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Oh dear Suzen! I know that must have shaken you to the core. It would have done that to me. You're still in my prayers and I'll add this to them.

Unknown said...

You are such a blessing to me.