"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Friday, January 11, 2008

Musings for Friday and tomorrows things to do


I love the crispness in the air early in the morning. I only wish my inner time clock could coordinate, with early morning. As I wait this morning, for the light to turn green; I gaze upon, the hospital in which my oncologist works. I feel a few tears run down my left cheek. Not in fear of what he might say, but from the overwhelming emotion I feel every time I make this turn. This life altering change continues to stop me dead in my tracks; simply triggered by a memory, a picture, a story. It is such a deep connection to something that took me places I have never been nor do I ever want go back again.

When I got home I rinsed down my patio and watered my plants. I did not iron the pillowcases last night, as a hour with a friend, turned into 1:30 a.m. So today I ironed them. I washed all of the dishes by hand.

Shannan and I had a lovely baby lettuce, spinach vegetable salad for dinner. As I made the salad, cutting off the ends, and throwing them away; I thought, compost. Sadly I have no garden as of yet.

I have three other children, other than the one who is always mentioned. None of them still live at home. Tomorrow my other daughter is coming to dinner. A time of reconnection. What better a reason to bake some banana bread.

No comments: