"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Homemade cleaners


I have been really skeptical, about even trying homemade cleaners, as I am left wondering if it will do a comparable job. After making my mind up to consume less paper and plastic, the thought of homemade cleaners; is now leaving my mind open, to at least give it a try. Homemade window cleaner will be the one I experiment with; as in my home, it is used for many things. I know it will be economically a better choice. I can buy vinegar at Costco, I can buy by the gallon and wintergreen rubbing alcohol, is sold at the 99 Cents Only Store.

3 comments:

Wildside said...

Interesting to read.

I use just straight vinegar much of the time. It has many uses.

Vinegar is a wonderful window and mirror cleaner using newspaper...

Vinegar also works wonders to kill and clean mold.

Unknown said...

I have been told that wintergreen rubbing alcohol, gives it a lovely smell. Also, when used for windows, it dries faster, thus streak free.

Wildside said...

Hmm... Learning something new -- didn't even know wintergreen rubbing alcohol existed before reading your post!

And the fact that it is used to make vinegar dry faster is interesting.