"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fresh tomatos, watermelon and ziplock bags

I had seven Roma tomato's in my refrigerator. I knew I would not use them before they went bad. The wheels in my mind started to turn, as I did not want to waste them. I decided to chop them in the food processor and then freeze them. I guess I got a little carried away with the food processor, as they are more on the pureed side. Still okay, as I can add them to any number of things.

I bought a lovely seedless watermelon yesterday. Hmm, I thought what is better than fresh watermelon; but watermelon, peach and strawberry smoothies. Peaches and strawberries are in the freezer. I knew this smoothie maker would come in handy. Someone on another site suggested, using a melon ball utensil to scoop the melon, then freeze. She said they are delicious frozen. One melon, so many options.

Today I reused a Ziploc bag for the first time. Before I would have never even wanted, to take the time to rinse it out. Living more simply is agreeing with me.

No comments: