"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Yesterday cloth bags...













and as soon as I finish the last of the Windex; the journey into homemade window cleaner.
5 ounces of wintergreen rubbing alcohol
5 ounces of vinegar
Fill the rest of the bottle with water

I use Windex to clean just about everything. What I like about the homemade, is that vinegar is a natural disinfectant; something Windex isn't. I might just phase out all store bought cleaning products as I run out. The only item I don't think, that I will be changing is laundry detergent; fabric softener, maybe.

I have been washing more dishes by hand. I am sort of defeating the purpose of hand washing; as my dish drain sits in the sink. Thus I have to run the water while rinsing. Simple solution, is to buy a plug for the drain or a plastic tub.

I have just run out of the paper napkins. I do have one unopened package, but I think I shall save those, for messy meals. It is rather exciting, when all the things that months before, were just endless possibilities; now are woven into my daily life.

And the journey continues...

2 comments:

Tracie said...

Hi Suzen,

The homemade washing powder on Down to Earth is very nice and if you use vinegar in your final rinse this will soften your clothes.

Tracie xx

Unknown said...

Hi Tracie,
I really love how well Tide cleans. Also I have heard both the pros and cons, about the cleaning qualities of homemade.

I quess I am still a bit skeptical.