"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Friday, July 18, 2008

The lesser Of two...

I threw out a sheet yesterday, that had a few holes in it, today a towel. A thought crossed my mind each time, before discarding; that I should keep these and re-cycle and re-use them. No idea for what though. I have plenty of towels, cloth napkins, rags to clean the car. Trashing them would be wasteful and that is not the path I want to take.

On the other hand, keeping them on hand to to re-cycle and re-use "one day", is also not the path I want to take. "One day" can be as wasteful as trashing them, if there is no foreseen purpose; as "one day" may never come. More than not wanting to be wasteful; do I want piles of, "one day" clutter. So until I am so far down the path to simple living; I need to find a happy balance.

No comments: