"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

More gratitude, than words can ever express

This is one of those days, that nothing can take away from the.......I cant even think of words, that comes close.

The chemotherapy ended two years ago. Then there was the three month check-ups and the CT scans; which always showed something. Then there was the waiting time between appointments, for the next CT scan, MRI or PET scan. Then the slow motion, tic toc, tic toc waiting time, until the results. I would hold my breath and wait. The anxiety always there, in my shadow; wherever I went. A spot on my liver, a lump in my breast, something on my ovaries; a biopsy, a ultrasound, another scan, a different kind of scan.

More waiting... more anxiety... fear... tears... and on... and on.

Then there was today. I had my six month check-up with my Oncologist. He went over the last batch of tests done and the recent blood work and he said...

Everything is normal and you are healthy...such sweet, sweet words.

I left with tears in my eyes. I hugged Shannan when I got home; held her so close. Feeling for the first time. in such a very long time; that this hug will be one of many, many more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news, Suzen. I'm so happy for you and your family!

Jane

Diane Shiffer said...

what wonderful news... i don't really even know you and yet it brought tears to my eyes..


oh, and thanks for visiting my blog:)

Tracie said...

That is such great news Suzen. I'm so happy for you and your Family.

Tracie xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely FABULOUS NEWS, Suzen!!!!! That was definitely sweet music to your ears. Here is to many, many more healthy years to come!!!!!!

Liane

Anonymous said...

Suzen.......
Sharing in your joy.
Hugs, Ella