"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wilted...no more

A while ago on the blog down to earth, Rhonda stated that she wraps her celery, tightly in foil and stores it that way. Doing this, keeps it crisp for weeks. I believe she stated that hers had stayed crisp for 6 weeks or so. I can't tell you how much wilted celery I have disposed of, before I could use it. I had bought a couple of bunches over two weeks ago and took her advice. Today I took some out to make a salad and it was as crisp, as when I bought it.

Need I say more.

2 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

Hi Suzen. I'm really pleased you tried it and it worked for you. It will stay crisp for at least 6 - 8 weeks. And it's such a simple thing to do.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, thanks for this tip. I hadn't seen it yet at Rhonda's forum.

FlowerLady