"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Musings of this and that

Yesterday was a day of non-stop running, though much was accomplished. Up at 6:30 a.m, to do laundry. We (Shannan and I) then went to the market and came home. Shannan got the last load of towels at the laundry room. I put too much soap in the machine, so I had to run them through again.

I try to conserve gas by making my trips as efficient as possible. The recycle place is across the street from my home, so that is where we went next. The cans have been sitting in the car for over a week, so I was glad to get rid of them. Shannan and I have a deal, she squishes the cans and separates the cans, bottles and plastic. Whatever money we get, is hers. I knew it was a nice amount, when she came to the car, with a big smile on her face.

We then went to the dry cleaners, to pick up my pants. Even the prices have gone up there. Fifteen dollars to replace the zipper. It was only ten, a few years back. I opted to replace the zipper, rather than replace the pants. The lesser of two evils, you could say.

Before we went to the recycling place, we went to T-Mobile, but they weren't open. We had to go to the 99 Cents Only Store and Shannan reminded me that there was a T-Mobile store in the same shopping center. I needed to replace her phone, as we have been sharing a phone since she dropped hers, and it broke. Now sharing a phone is not a problem, in itself. There are times when she is out and I am at work. Then we both need it. She, for the obvious reason and I don't like to drive the car, with out having a phone, with me. Also I have a contract for both phones. So I am paying for hers, whether she is using it or not. I was going to replace it when I got my tax refund; but this lovely work bonus came, so I surprised her. The last phone she dropped it one time and it broke. This time I decided to pay the $6 monthly insurance fee, for her phone. We then went to Susie's Deals and the 99 Cents Only Store and then finally came home.

I was fairly tired, as I got up at 6 a.m. after only 4 hours sleep. I do like getting up that early, though my work hours make it difficult for me to go to bed early on my days off. Two weeks is not enough time to change my internal clock. Though it is finally getting a bit easier to get up early; only just in time, to go back to work.

The only things I need to do before work is put away the rest of the towels, water the outside plants, vacuum, tidy up, wash the breakfast dishes and pay the electric bill. I was up again at 6:30, so I think I am going to take a nap; as I know I wont go to bed until around 5 a.m.

I have yet to put the coffee table back, since I had the carpet cleaned. I really like the way the living room looks, with out the table in front of the couch. It looks roomier; but the table can not stay where it is forever. Though the cats seem to appreciate it more than me. It is laying upside down. For some reason they love to sit in it. So, note to self, next time I buy a couch no coffee table, only end tables.

Since I have a very scattered, word association, inquiring kind of mind. Why is it called a coffee table? Hmm, I am thinking google first, than nap.

No comments: