"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Friday, June 27, 2008

Those moments that come out of the ordinary, that are anything but

I was getting dressed, to go to work, the day before last. I opened one of my dresser drawers. One that I rarely open. There peaking out, was one of the scarves; I wore to cover my head, when going through chemotherapy, almost three years ago. Even though I knew it was in there; the sight of it startled me. Startled me so much, to where I had difficulty, catching my breath.

Another gentle reminder, to inhale life and embrace with a passion, each and every day. For at any given moment that scarf might be more, than a gentle reminder.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Just popping in to say hello and to say I love the Cath Kidston stuff, a bit pricy though.

Gill

P.S. I have a couple of British Blog links now on my blog, which when you explore further, lead you to a few vintage loving people like yourself.