"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Monday, June 16, 2008

P.S. return address...please

Thirty eight years ago, I was a 13 year old, who through letters; would make a life long friend. She lives thousands of miles away, across the ocean. Through the years; the many letters, became yearly holiday cards. Sadly, a few years ago, I misplaced her address and she no longer puts her address on the envelope.

Every year, I get a lovely holiday card, with family updates; but alas no return address.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's annoying isn't it. Have you tried looking her name up on the internet, through a directory enquiry (telephone white pages), as you know where she lives and her name right?

Just an idea?

Unknown said...

just tried what you advised. Looked up directory for England, as that is where she lives; but to no avail.

I can remember her childhood home address, fairly well; as all the letters I sent when younger. I know her mum died many years ago and I am sure they have sold the home.

I know she had a AOL email account, but cant remember it. Tried searching for that, but came up with, error. She might have changed it.

It really saddens me, to lose touch after all these years, due to a lost address. Maybe next year she will put a return address on the envelope. She evens sends a holiday card, to my parents, sans the address also.