"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

To put off until another day

When I was sick, I acquired a negative personality trait, that I never had before; procrastination. It all started when I was going through chemo. The mail got dropped on the floor, where ever I was sitting at the time, including bills. This developed into endless piles of paper and the bills disappeared; into the endless mounds. It wasn't because I didn't have to resources, to pay them. It was a just because; it was honestly of non importance to me, at the time. It got so bad, that my sister would literally, write the checks for me, or the bill paying would be put off indefinitely.

I now have priorities when it comes to procrastinating. I still have a tinge of it, when it comes to bill paying, but they do get paid. There are no piles of papers lying around, much less anything else. I do still put off making appointments, returning items bought that need to be returned, making needed phone calls and calling maintenance to have things fixed in the apartment.

I don't know the psychological reason, of why I became like this. I definitely do know it has to do with the journey of cancer and chemo. It was life altering in more ways, than not. Some changes were a blessing and some just a glitch in life, that I must adjust myself too.

No comments: