"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Friday, September 7, 2007

A life without regrets

To be truly blessed is to live life with no regrets. Who knew it would be cancer, that would bestow this upon me. How truly blessed I am. There is certainly, no amount of time, that is guaranteed for any of us, on this earth. For me the odds that tomorrow, may never come, has such clarity. I am at high risk for cancer to return.

Living with no regrets is saying no, and knowing that is okay. It is no longer pushing down my emotions; as I now freely speak my mind. It is living life, where I put myself first, and knowing that, that is okay. It is surrounding my being, with the beauty, that I may never see. It is about embracing my soul with a abundance of humor, every chance I get.

Living with no regrets is hugging my precious daughter, every day; and having many, many Rory and Lorelai moments.

No comments: