"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I called at 7:30 this morning to make a appt. and she said can you come in today. So I went to a 10:30 appt. The tech had the radiologist, look at the x-rays, and told me they wanted to do a ultrasound. The ultrasound tech, had the Dr. look at the ultrasound. He said they saw a shadow and they wanted to do a biopsy. Two and a half hours later, I am sent home; my fate in a petri dish. I now wait, for the pathology to come back.

What terrifies me is not being diagnosed with cancer again, or chemo or even losing a breast. The fear that emotionally paralyzes me is that if this is cancer, it will be a very advanced stage cancer.

No comments: