"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The road to simple living is paved with a gravel or two of capitalism

Its hard to get a 18 year old, to start turning the lights off (etc, etc, etc), when she is not used to it. I decided what better of a way, to start her down the path; than something that peaks her interest, the dollar bill. I told her that for every dollar the electric bill is less next month, it will be hers to keep. The fine print is, she must work with me to lower the bill. She has caught on so fast. I can be sitting in a room and all of a sudden it goes dark.

4 comments:

Rhonda Jean said...

HA! teenagers always learn best when the dollar is involved. Good work!

Unknown said...

Brilliant, simply brilliant Suzen. Maybe I should try that with my teens, let them split the savings... or does that way lie madness and sibling rivalry?

I'll have to think on it.

Wildside said...

LOL! "all of a sudden it goes dark"

That sounds all too familiar!

I am enjoying your blog.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Thats a great idea. Let me know how it works.