"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Friday, November 9, 2007

Gentle re-use

My way of thinking, has changed, to one of recycling what I already have; whenever possible. Not for monetary reasons, but to make a gentler impact on the environment.

Awhile ago, when I was at the Doctors office and I saw these plastic cord covers; that organize the vast number of their computer cords. My son told me they sell them at IKEA. Then last night I was pondering the cord issue. A simple solution, take the cardboard part of the paper towel roll (No I have not lessened the use of paper products, yet). Though who knows what tomorrow may bring. I will buy some inexpensive brown fabric and cover the roll. The fabric will also make the cardboard more sturdy and have a longer life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I actually have been planing on buying cord covers but your idea also gives it a personal touch.

Thanks,
Kris in Alaska