"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Treasured vintage

As I look around, I am blessed with items that have been passed down, to me.

Grandpa's vintage Singer sewing machine, in cabinet
Mom's 1952 crystal stemware
Mom's wedding china
Grandma's pink depression glass stemware
Mom's crystal salt and pepper shakers
2 Norman Rockwell collector plates
a vintage poached egg cup
Grandma's silverplated silverware
a set of 1960's dishes
a 1950's metal cannister set
2 milk white pedistal cake plates
a vintage candy dish
2 small framed fruit pictures, that I have in my kitchen
a silver candelabra, dated 1888 March 1913
3 vintage family photos, from the early 1900's

Two things, that are priceless, but only to me. A handwritten note, on a scrap piece of paper, from my grandmother, to me. She died in 1965. Also a birthday card from her. Those are treasured, even more. The other, dearest to my heart, is my grandpa's sewing machine. He was a tailor from Poland and a survivor of the Holocaust.

No comments: