"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I am my brothers keeper

When you stop and smell the roses; you see things, with clarity, some are not always a pretty picture. This clarity, is in the shadows, but a haunting reality of a huge flaw, in our great society. I will no longer walk by, and not see this gentle soul. He has no voice, in a country, where; we have the inalienable right to free speech. He is homeless.

When you first look at him, what you see is his grand presence, as he is very tall; you do not see a man who is shy and timid. You see a man, whom everyone walks by; but no one sees.

I will no longer sit and eat, and watch him grab a glass of water, some others water; and drink it and see how thirsty he is. I will be my brothers keeper, how can I not.

No comments: