"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Everything else is icing on the cake

To embrace aging, like the blessing it truly is; is to embrace living. Meaning that everyday, I get older, is one more blessed day; that I have woken up on this earth.

The forgetfulness, means that the negative baggage I held onto, is only a distant memory. The true blessing is not how well I see, but what I notice; such as the colors of the garden, when the flowers bloom.

I have the wisdom to know that this (as in any given situation) too shall pass. I also have the wisdom, to no longer sweat the small things, as life, is going to happen. It is the wisdom to know, not how to avoid it, but how to deal with it when it does happen.

So
"Dance, like no one is watching"
"Love, like you have never been hurt"
"Live, like tomorrow, may never come"

No comments: