"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Sunday, August 26, 2007

To surrender...

is to release myself from the unspoken, quick sand fear, that is not allowing me to live. How ironic, the outer mess I have created, to what, I thought was keeping me on this earth, are the anchors, that are pulling me under. I feel my chest tightening, thinking about walking ahead of my fear; instead of letting my fear take me by the hand. I have told my precious daughter, so many times, to take her power back and yet I seem to have such a difficult time, in hearing my own words.

So today I take the tiniest step, to overcome something I know, that I have no control over. I will today, embrace myself with gratitude, for the gift of, opening my eyes this morning; and release myself from the outer clutter that is my kitchen.

No comments: