"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Back in the 60s...

before there were electric coffeemakers; there were percolators. This glass Pyrex one, was the in my home when I was growing up.


For as long as I can remember, both my parents drank coffee; and still do. I started a little over a year ago, at the age of 50. I started drinking coffee, for the caffeine and now I really just enjoy the taste.

I have very limited counter space, in my kitchen; and all of it is being used. A percolator is my solution; for getting that cup of coffee, at home. This 8 cup stainless steel one, by Farberware; has that lovely 1940s look. The down side are the reviews, that I have read. The basket being very flimsy and bends quite easily. That is not a good thing. Unless Farberware has fixed the basket issue; I am going with this one.

A 14 cup enamelware one, by Coleman.

No comments: