"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jack Jonas, gone but not forgotten

 
1931 - December 4th 2012

What a blessing, for me that our paths crossed...for the short three months, I was blessed to care for you.  What I came away, with made me feel like I knew you a life time.  You were charming, thoughtful, kind, humorous and there was such a sweetness about you.

I learned a little Dutch, we shared a comonality of how World War 2,  affected both of us in one way or another.  You, for you knew first hand what it was,  growing up  as a young child in Holland. I as my grandfather was a Holocaust survivor from Poland.  You shared with me, your knowledge and love of flowers. You would always point them out to me on our walks.

You will always have a place in my heart...God needed you and now the heavens are blessed with you.

No comments: