"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Monday, May 16, 2011

First there were the wild parrots

Last year I was left in awe, with the sight of wild parrots that would captivate me each time they flew overhead. There have been no sightings for a few months.

What has appeared now on the grass in front of my apartment...two ducks. The one pictured and a brown one. They come in the late afternoon and what a lovely sight it is. The same two ducks each day...though today he brought a different duck with him, one that looks exactly like him.

I live in a major city in So. CA, with a population of over 200,000...so to have any semblance of wildlife in my own backyard is truly a blessing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been checking every week or two and was so happy to see your new posts this morning. I Love the cabinet, Is it vintage or new?
Thank you for coming back.

Cam

Unknown said...

It does have that vintage look doesnt it...but it is not real vintage. It is french country.