"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Disneyland Ticket Books

My first trip to Disneyland...1961; just a few years after it first opened. I was 4 and I went with my dad and grandmother. My mom stayed home as she was pregnant with my sister.

Of course I don't remember my first trip...but the memory is forever etched in picture slides. Growing up in So. California...a trip to Disneyland was not just for vacations and so 1961 was just the first year of many more to come.

My fondest memory is not the rides nor the food nor even Mickey Mouse...but the ticket books. Tickets with either A, B, C, D or E on it. Different tickets for different rides...E ticket being the best.

No comments: