"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The ties that bind

Years ago, I was driving my daughter and her friend to a middle school dance. I sat silent, listening to the conversation going on. Wondering if they were going to breathe between sentences. They, forgetting I was in the car. Ah, the plethora of information I acquired; by just listening.

Fast forward, to now. Once again I quietly sit back and listen. This time, a group of women and their views, on their candidate of choice. I always knew who I would be voting for. The plethora of information they provide, brings clarity; on why I won't, be voting for their candidate.

5 comments:

Karyn said...

i think we are all so tired of the rhetoric going on back and forth in the conversation circle of women you mention...however your post feels a bit mean as the many women who you have namelessly referred to...consider you their friend....and also feel confident in their candidate....it's so nice how life allows us freedoms to turn away from the things we have begun find to our dislike.
karyn

Unknown said...

My personal opinion is just that; how I feel. Just as it is okay for me not to agree with others point of view. It is okay for you not to agree with mine.

What you see as turning away, from that which is to my dislike. It is about expressing how I feel in a place that I feel comfortable.

Karyn said...

point well taken...and i am glad that you feel comfortable...that should never be taken away from you or anyone...once again my typing fingers go faster than my brain....apologies for my assumption.
karyn

PS: is it about time you got a new post up :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

popped in to say hi and to see how you are doing?

Gill in Canada

Tea Time With Melody said...

This is funny because I experienced the same thing with my daughter. At 22 and voting for the second time, when she started talking about politics and we started argueing points I had to sit back and say "OMG she is grown up and can make up her own mind without my help" lol