"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away."
-- Dr. Maya Angelou

Thursday, December 27, 2007

I find myself going on a very dark journey, of depression. I have had down days, but nothing that clings to me like this. The journey to menopause began, soon after chemotherapy ended. Scattered periods were accompanied with a week of depression every so often. Nothing that has held on like this.

I am hoping my upcoming two week vacation from work, will be just what I need to nourish my spirit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope that your 2 weeks off work will recharge your soul, and the summer sun will soon lift your spirit too. Take good care.

Wildside said...

Yes, ditto that (what kiwi said).

And I see you do take time for gratitude -- good on you! That's a very good skill to have in bringing more brightness to light up the dark moments...